DIY BRAIDED HEADBAND
If you're like us, you will most likely have every supply for this tutorial lying around to make your very own braided headband. (A hair tie might be the hardest one to find.) This project has been floating around pinterest & we thought we'd give it a go!
Now it's your turn:
Elastic ponytail holder
Glue (hot glue or fabric glue will do)
1. You want to cut at least 3 strips that are double the length of your head measurement and about 1″ wide. You can make the width larger or smaller depending on what you want. I made the ones on mine a little bigger so it would be thicker. If you don’t have super long pieces of fabric, you can tie them together (or sew them together).
2. Place all three strips together and loop through an elastic. Leave enough to knot the fabric two times. There will be some extra fabric on the end, but we will take care of that later.
3. Start to braid as close as possible to the knot. Make it loose or tight, however you like. I prefered mine on the tighter side. Don’t worry if you tied any pieces together and they are sticking out at this point. Some might get braided in though.
4. Braid until the braid and the length of the elastic ponytail holder is equal to the head measurement you took earlier. My elastics weren’t too stretchy, so this worked perfectly. If yours has a lot of stretch, test it on your head and see if you want the braid shorter.
5. There will be enough fabric on the end to loop through the elastic and knot two times on that end. Trim any pieces sticking out.
6. Use glue to help secure knots in place. Make sure it is dry before putting on head. *Instead of knotting fabric on, you can simple fold the fabrics over the elastics and sew them there.
This project was super easy & really fun to make. Now it's your turn...
We'd love to see your photos + finished projects.. so be sure to TAG US: